Sunday, September 11, 2022

Fall Leaves Birthday Card

Another watercolor card.  This lady is a warm colors lovers so I decided on fall leaves for the image on the card.

I found several fall leaves line drawings on line then created an image which I drew in pencil.

I then used my Stampin Up Watercolor Wonder Crayons to produce some colors for these leaves. Bravo Burgundy, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke featured in the colors.

I placed a wash of color from the reds to greens to yellows on the 140lb watercolor paper.

The leaves are red with a mixture of some of the other colors.

I mixed some Payne's Gray and some left over color to do the lines in the leaves and tracing the outline of the leaves.

Once the watercolor was dry, I chose a Soft Suede card base in A7 size (5x7) and adhered it to the card front with 3D foam tape.

The greeting is SU Artisan Label punchie color printed and backed with a More Mustard punchie cut in half and glued offset on the back.  It was then adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.