Sunday, September 11, 2022

Essential Oil Diffuser

I had this idea on my drive to see Mom yesterday.  I was wanting to create a gift for my niece.

I was trying to come up with something to put in a tea light holder which would not be a real candle. She does not burn candles which I chose not to either.  I use a wax warmer instead.  I still use candles for specific photography. 

I thought why don't I create something that looks like a candle that can be used with essential oil.  It would provide the scent without the flame.

I cut seven 1.5 inch circles from white felt which was a stack to create the candle portion. I used red, ginger and yellow felt cut into a flame shape and stitched these 3 pieces together with yellow thread. I stitched the 7 circles together with white thread then stitched the flame in the center. 

The flame will hold the oil so if it discolors a bit it should not affect the white candle part.  It is very dimensional so has a nice presence.

Here is the mercury glass tea light holder in the shape of a bird.  It is very cute.

I've placed the felt oil diffuser in the cavity in the holder.

I think it looks pretty good.

I will wrap it up and give it to her when I see her today.

She loves birds and has several ceramic birds in her collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.