Monday, September 5, 2022

Sylvia's Simple Shots

Day lilies are amazing plants. The grow on boulevards, gardens, or any place with light.  They are hardy, frost resistance and bloom for months! Just doing what God made them to do. 

This flower is named Persimmon which I think is very fitting for this rich orange yellow flower.

This one I found at on city property when I attended an Art Walk recently.

It brightened my day!




I've moved my sofa for now so that I am less likely to lay down on it to watch TV.  That habit is not good for my back and I have been suffering the last couple of weeks because of it.

It is not the best placement of the furniture in the living room but it is temporary because the sofa will be going and the room will be emptied to install flooring later this fall.

Just trying to take care of myself for the long run.

I have several books by this author on my shelf but had not read one of them.

Kingdom of the Blind by Louise Penny.  She is a Canadian author so always good to support local. 

This is book is in her Chief Inspector Gamache series. It is book 14 and was written after her husband passed away.  Her husband was an inspiration for this character and she was not sure she could continue to write in this series once he passed but she produce 3 more books in the series.

The setting the province of Quebec in Canada.  It is winter which features prominently in the story. Inspector Armand Gamache is under suspension when he receives a letter which leads him to learn he has been assigned as executor in an estate. The catch is he does not know her.  The mystery is to determine who she is, why has she chosen these 3 people as executors and how money is there to be distributed.  I read this book in 2 days so it was very engaging and I enjoyed the book very much.   I am looking forward to read the other books she has written.

I bought this book mark at an art walk earlier this summer but forgot to blog it till now.

I can always use an extra book mark and this one was done in watercolor. 

I love the stack of books which is the main element.

It has been laminated so it will stay clean and last a long time.


I purchased some ceramic pieces recently.  The white dish on the left will be used for Macro Mondays. The star may but used in Christmas decorations and the blue dish was just really nice and is a good size for macro photography as well.

I spent the morning on Saturday with my aunt.  We met at the art gallery as we were dropping off our pieces for the Open Art Show.

We took in the farmer's market, the pottery guild shop, had lunch, discussed art and classes, then headed back to Michaels to investigate supplies which came up during lunch.

Lunch was at the Stony Plain and Parkland Pioneer Museum Tea House.

I had the hamburger soup, we shared an egg salad sandwich and I had lemon meringue pie for dessert.  I chose the blue and yellow teapot and the beautiful yellow tea cup.

I had several cups of Earl Grey tea.

We like to do this at least once a year and we had a wonderful morning.


The challenge at Flickr Macro Mondays was school supplies which I thought was a great idea. 

The variety of options is great.  Not too many of the photo represented what kids may take to school these days with all the technology.

On the right are pens and pencils where I focused on the ball point and lead.  Have keyboards replaced these in modern schools? 

The limit in size is 3 inches but these objects did not present a challenge there.  Some included the clip of a back pack which was a good idea. 

You can check out my Flickr Photostream (SMDPics100) to see my submission to the challenge.


I am sharing with Angie who hosts Mosaic Monday #189 and Mersad who hosts Through My Lens #353.

2 comments:

  1. I have day lillies in my garden. They certainly brighten up the border. I like the mnacro pics you took. Yes look after your back. I find a single sofa chair is much better for watching tv. Enjoy your week, stay safe, and thank you for visiting my blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia - so nice to see you back at Mosaic Monday! The persimmon color of the Daylily is gorgeous, and all the more for the light on its center. I try and spend a fair amount of my day at my standing desk in order to keep my core strong and support my back. Your Saturday outing with your aunt sounds delightful. Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.