Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Allied Arts Council - 2022 Open Art Competition

With a bit more time on my hands and Mom getting the care she needs I was able to put one piece into the Allied Arts Council Open Arts Competition.

I dropped off this piece on Saturday and had lunch with my aunt.

The show is open to the public starting today.  There will be some great art on display so if you can visit the gallery that would be appreciated.

I look forward to seeing all the pieces.


Title: Blushing Beauty
Size: 16.00 x 13.00 inches
Signed Photography Print
Mats: Double white archival
Frame: Wood Black wide
Print: 8.5x11 inches

 

This is an Oriental Poppy in a beautiful coral color. I found this one in a front yard in my neighborhood.  

I love the wispy background created by the thin stems of the poppies around it. With the farther elements completely out of focus creating a beautiful bokeh background.

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful piece indeed! Good luck with the competition!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations of your submission to the arts competition! This is a beautiful photo, Sylvia, and expertly matted and framed. I love the poppy;'s color

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.