Friday, September 11, 2026

Open Arts Show - Submissions

 

Title: In the Mist

Size: 14 x 17 inches

Frame: Textured Wood Grain Wide Frame

Mat: White Archival Mat

Photograph: Photo 9 x 13 inch print

I took this picture recently during a visit to the big lake.  The morning was cooler which resulted in the mist over the water.  The pelicans were gliding in and out of view.  The sun was lighting up the mist beautifully.

Title: Heavy Head

Size: 13 x 17 inches

Frame: Pewter Satin Narrow Metal Frame

Mat: Double Grey and White Archival Mat

Photograph: Photo 8 x 10 inch print

I took this photo in the spring.  This sunflower seed head had hung all winter and surely fed chickadees during that time.

It was early morning and the sun was light up the shape of the sunflower so nicely.  The background is dark because it was location on the edge of the river valley and there was nothing behind for quite a distance.

We had a wonderful reception filling the Black Box Theater at Heavy Metal Place to capacity hosted by the Allied Arts Council.

Using the theatre is such a good idea because all the winning entries were shown on the large screen.  Quite a few of the winners shared a bit about their pieces which offered another view when I returned to the gallery after the presentation.

The goodies are always great.  The shortbread cookies with our new logo in icing were great! They were made by our receptionist at the gallery.  Talented lady.


My niece and a neighbor joined my aunt and I which was wonderful.  A great night out.

The show hangs until October 9 so check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.