Saturday, April 13, 2013

All Occasion Stack Class - Floral with Oval Greeting


I expect to have a good class today despite the snow again today!!!  We had a great class and everyone got all their cards made.  Sweet.
I selected a pad of designer paper called Soft Serenity - Bitty Scrap Pads by Provocraft which provided nicely coordinated patterned paper for this split paper card.  I cut the top piece of DP at 4.00x3.00 and the bottom is 4x2.25 inches. I made card kits in pink, lavender, olive green, and yellow.  I die cut an oval ribbon slider in a coordinating color for the DP used with the Spell Binder oval ribbon slider die.  I printed greetings in coordinating colors and cut the oval with my Creative Memories Oval cutter with #2 and red knife.  I selected a ivory and gold organza ribbon.  I taped the 2 pieces of DS paper together on the back and trimmed as needed to have even edges.  I glued the greeting onto the centre of the ribbon slider.  I pulled the ribbon through the slider as shown.  I placed the ribbon over the join in the papers and taped the ends to the back.  You can move the slider to where you want.  You can add a bit of adhesive carefully to the back if you want it to be stationary.  This layer is now glued to the card front.  Several different greetings are provided for this set of cards in the stack.   Below are a couple examples of the other colors and papers used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.