Monday, April 1, 2013

Christmas Card Challenge - April - Coloring

The challenge for April was coloring.  This could be watercolor, pencil crayon, markers, copics, acrylic, wax crayons and I've likely missed a few.  Choose your favorite or challenge yourself with one you've had a hard time using and go for it!  If you make a card let me a comment with a link to your card.  I would love to see what you have made.

Here's my card for April.  I started with coloring some chip board coasters with Tim Holtz Distress Stain.  See my previous posts for a sample.  I chose the vintage colors for this card.  I cut the letters from the Aged Mahogany chip board with my Sizzix Shadow Box Alphabet. I cut the SU! Apothecary die cut from Echo Park Paper - Tree Skirt from the Season's Greetings Collection by Lori Whitlock.  I rubbed the edges of the diecut with the distress stain dauber.  I glued the JOY letters to the Apothecary die cut with quick drying adhesive.  I created my background layer with a piece of white card stock aged with the TH Antique Linen distress stain.  I cut it down to leave a border. I found a piece of gross grain ribbon to match the letters and mounted it onto the back ground and taped the ends to the back.  The background is adhered to a piece of coordinating green card stock. I glued the JOY letters to the Apothecary diecut with quick drying adhesive.  The label diecut is adhered over the ribbon to the background with 3D foam tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.