Sunday, August 3, 2014

Card - Letterpress Greeting

I've been thinking and researching letter press blocks lately.  I'm not sure why yet but it will become clear sometime.
I found a font but I was not sure it was going to give me the antique, vintage look that blocks which have actually been inked would have.  It's also not reversed letters which actual letter block would be. I thought I would give it a try anyway.
The font is LD Letterpress Inverted.  After designing a background with a old wooden boards photo I added the greeting. I color printed it on white then layered it on white leaving a tiny border. I then mounted it on a medium purple card with 3D foam taper. It still needed something so I added a bling rhinestone to the dot in the exclamation mark and traced the it and the H and B with my glitter gelly roll pen. Hard to tell in the photo.  I'm happy with the look but not quite

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.