Monday, June 15, 2015

Bird on Branch

I started with a Stampin Up Bashful Blue card and used my Itty Bitty Backgrounds to add some texture with Wild Wasabi ink.  I lined up some small scraps of the Winter Bright DSP laying the blue piece on a piece turned over to show the WW color.  I wrapped a piece of white thread around the piece a couple of times and knotted it.  I stamped the bird from the Punch Potpourri with WW on Whisper White then punched it.  I cut the branch from WW card stock and the wing from white.  I cut a piece of white and pressed it into the WW ink pad to add a bit of interest to the white rectangle. I glued the bird and the branch to this piece then mounted it to the card front with 3D foam tape. 

Submitting to the following challenge:
Fab Fri 66 - sketch

2 comments:

  1. That bird punch is always so cute and I never seem to use it enough! You did a great job on our sketch and the thread is a nice extra detail! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your soft colors and subtle patterns are a great mix and a perfect place for the cute bird to nest. So pretty, Sylvia! So glad you joined us at the Fab Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.