Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Watercolor Images

I made these cards for my card exchange group.

I started with Adorn It - Art Play Paintables - Be Awesome by Lindsay Ostrom.  This is sold in a 12x12 page with 12 images. These are images printed on watercolor paper and ready to be painted. I used a water brush and pan watercolor to add some color to these images.  I chose to leave the girls face white because I thought I would screw up a flesh color. Sunflower are my favorites. Once painted I let them dry then pressed them flat.  I chose a blue card for the first one to match with the bee wings and trails.  I added a layer of vellum to the card front then I added the green polka dot designer paper.  I mounted the watercolor piece with 3D foam tape.  On the right card I omitted the vellum and cut the designer paper into a strip and triangles and adhered them as shown.  The watercolor piece is mounted with 3D foam tape.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.