Monday, January 22, 2018

Card Club Kit - Set 1 - Card 1

Well I knew this day was coming and it has arrived.  I no longer have ladies attending Card Club.  I have a few ladies signed up for kits so I have decided to produce a large Card Club Kit to cover the upcoming 4 months of card club so I can move on to other activities on the third Monday of the month.  I have been doing this card club for 15 years so it means a change for me.  I had 2 participating on a part time basis in the last session so this is no surprise.

I chose a card which coordinates with the paper.

I placed a strip of gold sticker paper 2 inches wide on the left hand side and trimmed it to the card edge with scissors.  I adhered a 1.5 inch strip of Japanese Origami paper on top of that layer and trimmed it as well.  The 6 inch sheet produced 4 pieces.

I chose star sequins colors that coordinate with the origami paper.  In this case - red, gold and green. These are adhered to the card front with tiny gold star brads.  I aligned the sequins then used a push pin to create the holes through the card front for the brads.  Placed the sequin on the brad, pushed the prongs through and spread them apart on the inside of the card.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.