Thursday, January 25, 2018

Winter White Tea

The table was fitted with a cut lace table runner in white cotton.  It has such lovely texture and pattern. I love that you can see the pine table through the cut work which provides a bit of contrast.

I included on the table a few white glass ornaments from my collection.  I chose a couple white pinecones. These live in a box in my photo shoot props as I don't want to dig out the Christmas decorations when I need a bit of this decor.  I chose a heart since we are nearing Valentine's Day.


For a bit of sparkle I added a crystal votive holder which was a gift from my sister years ago.

I added a flameless tea light as I almost never use real candles anymore.  It provides a bit of warm light to the tablescape.


These sour cream biscuits are seasoned with steak spice.  A nice little snack with a bit of butter.

The economy of loose tea is that generally you can steep it at least a couple of times.  That means I need a process to be manage the number of steeps.

I use Steep Markers on my teapots to remind me how many times I have steeped this batch of tea.  When using infusers or tea bags I set my timer to pull it once when it rings so that it can be steeped again. To go with the winter theme I selected a polar bear charm with blue and white beads.
 
I added some plain yogurt with a few frozen blueberries.
It is held in a cute white fluted ceramic bowl.



I used my fluted porcelain tea mug in white for my Masala Chai Tea.  This has been a staple tea for me for a few years. 










This is made locally by the The Chai Wallahs and sold in several locations in the central area of the province.  I would highly recommend this tea.



Here's the whole picture of the tablescape.  I have used my large white porcelain tea pot which pours well and works well with this theme.

I am sharing with

Share Your Cup #281 hosted by Jann at Daily Cup with Mrs. Olson.

Bernideen's Friends Sharing Tea

Tuesday Cuppa Tea hosted by Ruth

Don't forget my Blog Challenge by leaving a comment on my featured post.  I have posted to my Flickr account as a challenge for Winter White.

11 comments:

  1. Sylvia, I love your winter white tea and the ornaments are really pretty! Yogurt and biscuits sounds perfect! Thanks for sharing and have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love battenburg cotton tablecloths and runners - so lovely!a lovely teapot and display Sylvia! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, Sylvia! I inherited my love of white dishes (and blue and white dishes) from my mother. Like me, she always had to have a set of each!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sylvia, your winter white tea is just lovely. The cutwork runner is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of sitting down with a pot of tea, a scone and a good book, but I literally never do it. Your post inspires me.

    I don't see your 2018 goals post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful winter tea. The biscuits sound wonderful too. It looks so clean and fresh with your lovely dishes. Your cut table runner is particularly beautiful! Happy weekend, Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely linens, tea and everything! White came be so soothing and comfy. I love chai...the vanilla is my favorite. Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  8. All white with textures is a pretty look for your winter tea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and perfect for a wintry day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your winter tea is so pretty! I love cutwork tablecloths as well. I have a few white pinecones that I keep in a tote labelled, "wintry décor". I enjoy having them out for January. The biscuits sound yummy! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.