Monday, May 20, 2019

Recent Photos

I found a few open blooms on the ornamental chokecherry tree at the park this week.

It seems I have been waiting for them for a while.

Love these wonderful white flowers.  I hope to get some of the deep pink and burgundy ones as they open.










These are the birds I captured in recent days.  The top left is a female Red Winged Blackbird.  I did not know they have red on their wings as well until I saw this one spreading her wings.  Top Right: Male Red Wing Blackbird Of course, the males as always ready to strike a pose.  He was singing his heart out.
Bottom left is a Yellow Warbler.  These are so hard to spot.  I could hear it but it took me about 10 minutes to spot it in the tree now that leaves are appearing.  I swear it is the size of my thumb so it takes quiet and stillness to spot the movement way up there.  The bottom right is a Chipping Sparrow.  The birds were all in song this week. 

Working on organizing, de-cluttering and de-stashing.  I basically swapped these pieces of furniture.  The tray shelving used to hold the Cricut Machine in the craft space.  Now it holds my dry hydrangea in an olive oil bottle.  My Mom made this for me years ago.  It has not hung in this place and now it has a home.  Very useful to have a quick look before I head out the door.
I moved the tall shelving unit from the front hall to the craft space.  It now holds the Cricut as well as boxes of 12x12 paper.  Much of this will have to go because card making is no longer a product and skill I can sell in my market.

This is the project I worked on most of the last week.  I have a bit of a stash of fabric acquired when I was going to make aprons for Christmas last year.

As a first quilt in years it was a learning experience.  I worked on the Quilt as you Go method.  That was okay but the strips to bind was a bit of a challenge to get straight and cover the edges.

I am happy with the color combination.  This is Stampin Up fat quarters for the prints.  I was able to get a backer fabric in Crumb Cake.  The trio of small blocks was Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede.

The project evolved from a jelly roll concept of strips to blocks.

I still have hand stitching to finish.  I used flannelette sheeting for a batting between layers.  It is quite stiff and heavy not sure it will do for giving to a charity that offers blankets to trauma victims.

Flickr Macro Monday Challenge this week was Copper.  I made a trip to the Antique Mall this week and found this half cup measure.  I love that you can see a finger print in the bottom right hand corner.

You can check out my Flickr photo stream for the photo I submitted this week.

Sharing with

Angie - host of Mosaic Monday #28

Mersad - host of Through My Lens 192


8 comments:

  1. I love to hear the song of a red-winged blackbird. It always reminds me of visiting my grandparents as a kid. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love to see the little birds too, especially those that are singing their hearts out!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia - well done to capture the Yellow Warbler. I was down by the stream today, listening to a bird and patiently trying to locate it among the thickets. Never did see it. Oh well. It sure had a pretty song. Congratulations on your quilt project - I like the subtle colors. Do you think you will do another? Thanks so much for letting us peek into your recent activities - always enjoy having you at Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely birds and that quilt is so pretty. Love the colors and prints.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely birds in your mosaic. I really like the quilt colours. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos of those birds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flower is so delicate and gorgeous and the bird images are great to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to clean up and tidy up my cupboards. My husband is always complaining about the "stuff" everywhere in "our" study! Have a great week and thank you for stopping by my blog last week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.