Monday, September 7, 2020

Sylvia's Simple Shots

I am so grateful that frost has not yet arrived and the blooms as still in beautiful condition.

I found these pretty pink blooms yesterday morning.  They are Foxglove - Pink Panther. What a great name.

I love that I have pink bokeh in the background as the bed was in full bloom.


I recently finished reading this book. Death Comes to Pemberley by P. D. James.  I have read most of Austen's books and watched most of the movies so the backdrop of this story was familiar.  The Bennet sisters and their families.  I love old English historical novels so this was a real pleasure to read.  There are rabbit holes to go down, and it does not get fully resolves till the very end. 

On Tuesday I did a big grocery shopping trip to get ahead of whatever result will happen with Covid 19 and the schools reopening here on Wednesday.  

I managed to get 2 large containers of blueberries so they are now in the freezer for the winter serving on my rolled oats.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I finished the new lampshade for the sewing area this week.  It provides light on the right hand side of the sewing desk and on the craft table I will use for cutting.  

The light switch is very convenient at the level of the top of the desk. A Hemma light cord kit from Ikea.

You will recall that I revamp the other light in this room here

I made Chokecherry Syrup yesterday.  I had picked fresh ones on Friday morning. I decided that since I confused the ones in the freezer for saskatoon berries on my cereal last week maybe I should be doing something with them.

I added the frozen to the fresh and made Chokecherry Syrup.  I made the syrup by boiling them and then pressing the juice through a strainer. I added sugar and a bit of lemon juice.

I processed the jars in a water bath.

I managed 3 small jars but it will add a bit of variety to Highbush Cranberry and Maple syrup for pancakes!

Flicker Macro Monday Challenge this week is "Footwear". The macro on the right is the buckle on my summer sandals. You can check my Photostream SMDPics to see what shot I submitted.
 


 

 

 

I am sharing with Angie who hosts Mosaic Monday #95

and Mersad who hosts Through my Lens #256.

With temps at only 4C this morning frost is not far away.  I will enjoy the next few days.


11 comments:

  1. Happy Monday. Your mosaics are lovely

    Much💝love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your mosaic and that beautiful Foxglove. I freeze blueberries while they are in season too to eat on my oats. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only read my first P D James a few years ago - so much better than I expected. A very under-estimated writer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sylvia - lovely foxglove! We have a frost warning tonight, and since it was practical to cover only a few of my plants, I am resigned to most of my garden being affected. Nothing I can do, so it will be what it will be. Temps later in the week are in the more normal range, so I will enjoy those days while they last! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rather liked Death Comes to Pemberley, but then I'm both an Austen and James fan. Your choke cherry syrup sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love the pink bell shaped flowers. I'll have to check into that book as it's also my favorite type to read plus I like the Amish based ones also. Thanks for stopping by my blog so I could come visit you. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Foxgloves are so pretty!
    I agree, Jane Austen books are so good, and they are filled with
    many unforgettable characters. “Persuasion” is my favourite Austen book.
    Your syrup looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sylvia,
    Your foxglove blooms are so pretty. I like your sewing machine cover above and the pretty lampshade. The blueberries look delicious, I bought some during my last shop. I made some yummy blueberry crumb bread. Your homemade syrup sounds delicious. I do not think we have Chokeberry here.Your images and mosaic are beautiful. I have to add that book to my to be read list. Take care, enjoy your day. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved that book because Jane Austin and PD James are both favorite authors... how could I not love it! Your berry jams sound wonderful ... I have blackberries and blueberries fresh and frozen, but that is all... sounds kinda boring next to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely variety of images! Your flowers are just gorgeous as winter is (hopefully) leaving soon here in New Zealand!


    Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to see you Sylvia and that you are well and they even had berries at the store which have been kind of hard to find...Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.