Sunday, September 13, 2020

Sylvia's Simple Shots

The robins were holding convention the other morning.  Talking, singing, eating chokecherries and just fussing with each other. 

Migration may have been the subject of discussion.  Whose going? When are we leaving?  Who is leading the crowd?  

This one was singing as the sun came up.  I remember their song from when I was a kid.  This is the first song bird that I recognized it by it's tune.

 

 

 

 

 I finished "The Holding" by Merilyn Simonds this week.  Another historical fiction based on holdings in Northern Ontario Canada.  The first was in late 1880s is Margaret with her 3 brothers. Then it is Alyson in the 1990's on the same property.  I love books about independent women.  The garden is what connects them over the long time period.  Loved it.  Finished it by reading for about 4 hours. My body was not happy to be still that long but I could not put it down.

I have whittled down my collect of blue glass and blue and white pottery.  The shelf was so full that getting anything off of it was risked breakage. 

I have decided that I don't need that much blue glass!  

The shelf is looking better and everything has been washed and I can reach the pieces with out danger.

Maybe the pandemic provides clarity!

I love that the frost has not arrived yet and there a beautiful flowers still to photograph.

This is a Double Click Cosmos which very full instead of a single layer of petals.  

This is from the mixed collection and is a beautiful pink.

I think frost will be in order for this week.

I chose several leaves for my mosaic this week. 

Can't say I am fussy about seeing yellow leaves and fall coming.  Not looking forward to being isolated and no outdoor visits.  And this too will pass. 

The challenge for Flicker Macro Monday this week is "pouch" and we had to put something inside it.  Of course, a tea pouch with a tea bag is an easy one.   You can check out my Photo Stream (SMDPics) to see what I submitted for the challenge. 

I am sharing with Angie who hosts Mosaic Monday #96 and Mersad who hosts Through my Lens #257.

I am working on a quilt this weekend.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sylvia! Your cosmos is gorgeous! We already had frost and some snow, but most of the flowers seemed to tolerate it well as it did not last last long. I love autumn so I'm looking forward to that season the most.
    Your blue glass is wonderful! I have a small Delft china collection and I love its blue designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Sylvia
    I just love the pretty pink Cosmos. Your mosaic with the leaves is lovely. I like your blue and white pottery and the blue glass pieces. It looks so pretty on display. The Robin does have a pretty sounds, great photo. Take care, Stay safe! Enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to go through some of my collections too and get rid of some to make the other things stand out better. I love your blue and white...so beautiful! And I'll look for that book. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sylvia - our robins have long since moved on .... I made a note of your book - winter is coming and I will need something to keep me occupied as the days get shorter! I just changed up some of my decorations from summer to fall - it is coming! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the robin picture and even better love your description of the robins holding a convention. Your blue pottery is beautiful, but I applaud your “less is more” approach. My MIL, whom I loved, was the kind of collector who couldn’t stop...things were so crammed you couldn’t appreciate anything. So I do believe in letting each loved object shine! But take all I say on this subject with a whole shakerful of salt ...we sold or gave away all our collections when we sold out to travel after we retired. We live a more stable life now, )), But still we maintain the minimalist full-time RVers living style. (The mantra is “don’t buy anything new until you get rid of something old.”).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bird photo is a stunner -- and the book sounds really intersting. I think I'd like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your collection, so pretty. I see pieces like that sometimes at antique or thrift stores.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.