Monday, June 28, 2021

Sylvia's Simple Shots

All creatures are seeking shade as we endure time under a heat dome here on the prairies.

I found this wasp resting in the shade this morning as I was seeking shade myself.  I managed about 40 minutes outside this morning before heading inside.

 

We are expecting almost another week of over 30C highs which is very unusual for this part of the country.  

It's cold herbal tea with ice cubes this week instead of hot tea.  This Chai Green tea is pretty good.


I finished this book recently. Nice light romance about a girl following her dreams to run a tea shop instead of working in an insurance office.  Of course, when she gets the opportunity it's in a castle with a handsome manager. 

With a few bumps along the way, she wins on all fronts - family, love and work life. 

I have been making decisions about what needs to be cleared out so that I can store the things I want.  One of the things that needed a home was camping equipment.  

The shelf in the storage room has been cleared of paper. Rolls of gift wrap, pads of card stock, and freebies from years ago that I never used.

I have been consulting my Stampin Up color samples to see which card stock is going to be stored in the card making area and which is going.  This green was a great match and stayed.  Trimmed to letter sized sheets and added next to the other Always Artichoke card stock.  I have added an aluminum table and a lantern to the mix.  I am working on getting a fry pan for cooking on a butane stove.  This latest recipe includes tortillas on the top and bottom and cheese to hold the middle together.  The experimentation continues.

I picked Haskap berries when I visited my aunt last week.  I am a berry picker from way back and could not leave them on the bush.  The berries remind me of gooseberries.  

I found a recipe on line for HASKAP Chutney.   I replaced the raisins with cranberries.  Changed the flavors to ginger, garlic and curry.  Check out that color and it tastes great. Three small jars were processed and are waiting to be enjoyed.

I finished this book today!  It was really too hot to do much work so I sat near the fan and read instead.

Love Nicholas Sparks books and this one was full of mystery and suspense and a few scary bits. The Guardian involves a Great Dane dog which comes to live with Julie after her husband dies. 

Once she starts dating, she meets a man and goes on a few dates. Then things go a little strange and he will not let her be. She moves onto to another relationship but is plagued by problems with Richard.  The police get involved when a crime is committed then the chase begins. 

It was a good love story with some tense moments.

Flickr Macro Monday`s theme this week was `Pins`.  There is a good variety of them - straight pins, clothes pins, cotter pins, garment pins, head pins, safety pins, jewelry pins, and many more. 

Here I have put Love Macro Monday on punchies held onto a cord with tiny clothes pins.  Check out my Flickr Photostream (SMDPics) for the one I submitted.

I am sharing with Angie who hosts Mosaic Monday #137 and 

Mersad at Through My Lens #295.


1 comment:

  1. Sylvia - we have been very warm here as well. Drinking so much water that I feel like an ocean! I have received a couple boxes of my Mom's things that my sisters thought I would like, and this will require a serious sort out of space in the house. We have very limited storage (by design), so when something new comes in, something else has to go! That chutney looks fantastic! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.