Monday, August 16, 2021

Miniature Watercolors into Cards

I was inspired by a photography challenge to produce some art and I chose watecolor.  

I opened a pad of water color paper bought at a scrapbook store. There is no indication of the weight of the paper so I was not getting my hopes up.  

I cut down a sheet about letter sized into 4 smaller pieces.  Some square and others not.  I pulled out my Stampin Up Watercolor Wonder Crayons so I can match it will card stock later.

This one is a bit of a landscape with a tree, flowers, the sun and a few birds flying in the sky.  The paper worked really well in this small size.

I paired it with a piece of Bashful Blue leaving a tiny border and ripped the bottom edge.  I mounted that onto a piece of Passion Pink card base.  Stamped a greeting with Old Olive with a set of small clear stamps. I spattered the card once it was finished.

This next card features just a little watercolor using the wet in wet technique.  I sprayed the entire paper with clean water.  I then dropped spots of color - Rich Razzleberry, Regal Rose, Marina Mist and Old Olive. You can see where the colors mixed in place to produce a purple.  

I was going to define the pinks as flowers but I was happy with the composition so chose to stop.  I dried it with my heat gun and signed the bottom.  It was spattered with a bit of green.

I cut a banner of Bashful Blue and mounted it across an Elegant Eggplant card base.  Stamped the greeting again in the Old Olive color.  The watercolor was adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.

I started the composition with flowers in mind. I dropped the Regal Rose pink with a bit of Daffodil Yellow and the soft green of Old Olive in the background.  It was dried with the heat gun.

I then used a black Micron Permanent Black Marker and drew my flower petals and leaves.  I chose to add a bit more color to the leaves and petals.

I mounted it to a piece of Regal Rose and ripped the left hand edge.  I stamped a several butterflies on the left hand side.

This layer was adhered to a Garden Green card base.
Each card has a white quarter sheet insert on the inside.



Sunflowers are in full bloom around here these days.  I love them. 

This is my attempt on a sunflower against a pale blue sky.  I used some More Mustard and Daffodil Delight in the flower and Always Artichoke with Old Olive in the leaves. I mixed the brown for the center.

It was spattered with much watered down Old Olive once it has been dried with the heat gun.

Again layered on a piece of Bashful Blue ripped on the right hand side. Stamped the greeting in Old Olive. 

The thank you ones will be donated to Compassion Hosue and the others will be added to my card box. 

It was a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.