Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Watercolor on Handmade Paper

More reusing supplies from old card kits.  I just loved these small white handmade paper sheets and could not just give them away.  I have painted daisies on these in the past but I wanted to create new art on these.

I am using my Stampin Up Watercolor Wonder crayons in rich regals and brights color families.

This one is an abstract flower in the blue green color family.

I had to trim the handmade paper because the other flowers were not great.  This required an additional layer so i chose some Old Olive on some Not Quite Navy card base.

I always adhere handmade paper to cards with hot glue.  It works the best but you have to be fast before it cools.

This card features a multitude of pinky orange abstract flowers again.  Regal Rose and Old Olive are the colors used.

I did try to put a background of subtle color which did not really work great.

Mounted on a Regal Rose card base.

Each card gets a white blank insert on the inside.

I signed each one as well.






I started with abstract shapes on this piece of handmade paper.  

The colors used are Tango Tangerine and Marina Mist.

I dug through my bling box and found these butterfly confetti sequins which were the right blue color.  I then added them to the handmade paper sheet with orange tiny brads.

I like the fact that there are 2 different designs of butterfly.

Makes me think Santa Fe coloring.

Mounted to the a Marina Mist card base.






This card features Bravo Burgundy as the color in several shades for the flowers.  I was thinking of roses when I painted but I am not sure I succeeded.

Always Artichoke for the stem and leaves with a bit of mixed brown thrown in for good measure.

A bit of spattering in the main colors to lessen the white background.

Mounted to a Bravo Burgundy card base and a white insert.






I tried following the design of the small deep teal handmade paper flowers I had selected as inspiration.  

I had to remind myself - Stick to the 5 petals and make them rounder than usual.  Always Artichoke for the stem and long open leaves.

I mounted the small pale yellow flower then the bit larger teal one onto the watercolored on with a tiny white brad.

Mounted to a deep teal card base of textured card stock.

A bit of spattering to tone down the white background.






I painted the flower with More Mustard and a bit of Daffodil Delight with a lot of long slender petals. I think I should have overlapped some of them.

I really needed Summer Sun to match the card base but I did not get the yellow mix quite as good as I hoped.

A mix of greens and blues for the closed long leaves.

I mounted a small yellow handmade paepr flower in the center of the watercolored one, held in place with a tiny white brad.

These no greeting cards could go into the cards for seniors box but I am not sure yet.

Love the painting.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a senior! I would love those cards!!!! (Seriously, I really do love them -- those colors are all my favorites and your flowers are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very pretty, Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.