Sunday, August 15, 2021

Sympathy Card Digital

 I created this digital card for my cousin and his wife who lost their daughter in a tragic accident last week.

I started with a re-inker background which I made while trying to take an abstract photo for the upcoming art show.   The resulting photos were not what I wanted and not to waste the ink I captured the color onto a 4x6 piece of photo paper.  I tried several color variations

This morning I cut the piece of arty photo paper to 3.75 x 5 inches and started doodling.  I drew the flower and the ground and added texture with a black marker.  I then mounted it to a piece of coordinating card stock.  I scanned the card and added the sentiment.

The colors were bolder than I wanted so in my photo editing software I soften and manipulated the colors a bit.

I am really happy with the final result.  I was able to send my sympathies by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.