Friday, June 17, 2022

Watercolor Cards - All Occasion

I needed a  few cards for upcoming birthdays so I decided to follow the trend of my Christmas cards and make them with watercolor.

I searched the internet for simple floral images - bouquets so that I could see how the stems interacted, etc.

I trimmed my 140lb water color paper to 3.5 x 3.5 inch squares.  Loosely following the compositions I found on line I drew flowers with a pencil.  Once I was happy with it I traced the pencil lines with black permanent marker again making adjustments if needed.

Once the ink was allowed to dry a bit I erased the pencil lines and was left with the black lines.  I used my Stampin Up Watercolor Wonder Crayons to match my card bases.

I chose flowers which were non specific so I could paint them any color, rather than recognizing the flower and saying that must be pink or whatever.  I also added some spatter of each color to tone down the white of the paper.

For the first card the flowers are a pale version of Rich Razzleberry and Garden Green for the leaves on a Pixie Pink card base.

Card number 2 is Elegant Eggplant card base with Old Olive for the stems.

Card number 3 is Marina Mist card base with Always Artichoke leaves and foliage.

I chose Mellow Moss grosgrain ribbon wrapped around the front of the card with the ends taped under the watercolor accent.

The floral watercolor is adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape. 

I decided to go with no greeting so I can use it for any occasion. 

Quarter sheet insert on the inside with A2 white envelope and 3 more cards ready to give.  One for my aunt, one for my sister and one for Mom.  I still have a couple of sisters who have birthdays this summer.  Another session to follow soon.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely cards, Sylvia. I am impressed that you drew these flowers yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.