Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Sewing Project - UnPaper Towels - Batch 1

I was working on reusable wrapping before our Christmas celebration.  I did not have the material I needed for tea towels so I discovered these.  UnPaper Towels made with flannel instead of terrycloth.  I had some flannel in stock so I set off to work it out.


Fortunately, the fabric I had was a quite dark grey in a herringbone pattern.  It was 100% cotton made in Portugal. Beautiful stuff. I decided to maximize the fabric I had so I cut my pieces 10 x 10 inches square. I zigzagged the edges as I only have a sewing machine.  A serger would be ideal for this task. 

They can be any size that works for wiping up messes.  I think that one should have light and dark ones for different kinds of messes.  I heard of a person who had color coded ones in her house.  One color for counters and another for floors and still another for pet messes. Whatever works.

The great thing about the flannel ones is that they just stick together so you can wrap them offset on an old paper towel roll.  The roll can just then be put where the paper towels were dispensed from before.  

I think a set of 10 works nicely which I hope gets one from one laundry day to the next.

I have purchased some light flannel and plan on making sets of 5 dark 5 light.

They could also be placed in a basket on the counter or in a drawer.  They should be individually folded so they are easily reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.