Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Thank You Cards

I made some Thank You cards for the folks who gave me Christmas Gifts.

I was blessed with many less formal things this year such as tourtiere making with my aunt, a wonderful Christmas dinner with family, a Facetime session with Mom when she was in hospital.  Tea with my friends which gave us a chance to catch up.

I used a 9x12 inch sheet of water color paper from the pad I received from my sister. I taped it to a stiff plastic and used my Stampin Up Wonder Watercolor crayons to just smush it with color.  Once it was dried then I cut it into 3 inch squares.  

I selected my card based on the primary colors on that particular piece of watercolor.  In the top card I chose Perfect Plum as the base and printed some flag greetings to match.  I fussy cut the greeting. I adhered the piece of watercolor to the card, added the stitching and trees with a small brush, adhered the greeting with 3D foam tape then spattered the whole card with some of the watercolor I had used.

This card is has the same parts as the one above but I chose Really Rust as the card base, I use a marker to add a flower on the watercolor square, and the square was adhered on a diagonal. 

It's great to put together one large sheet of water color and get a bunch of different colored and oriented cards from it.

These could also have been placed in the tall or portrait orientation. 

Maybe the next set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.