Monday, April 24, 2023

Card - Retirement and Moving

 

I made a card for my friend who is moving away to be close to her daughter. She has had health challenges in the last few years.  Her husband has now retired and they are looking forward to a new life in this new chapter.  

I found a landscape graphic on line and a drew this composition from it.  I wanted to have a road into the distance with a prairie landscape as they move one province to the east.  They will be close to grandchildren and family. 

I drafted the composition with pencil and I used my Stampin Up Watercolor Wonder Crayons.  I started with a light wash of light blue all over the piece of paper. I then painted the horizon line of trees. I laid a light layer of Always Artichoke. Of course, I needed it to have a yellow field which can be wheat, canola, barley, etc. I created a brown color for the road and painted it.  I had to be patient and used my heat gun to dry the layers before I moved to add dark elements to the sky, trees, road and yellow field. I love the pink flowers along the edge of the field.  Here in Alberta they would be roses but they don't bloom when the fields are yellow but it's my picture so I put them in.  It needed to have a gorgeous sun and a blue sky. 

Once I had my painting I scored a sheet of Baja Breeze card stock into a half sheet card.  I trimmed the edges to make sure it fit into my envelope.  It needed an anchor so I chose a length of Taken with Teal velvet ribbon and a wrapped on the inside of the card and brought the ends to the card front and taped them down.  I adhered the painting with 3D foam tape to allow space for the ribbon.  I pressed the card under heavy books for a few hours.  I added a white half sheet insert onto which I wished them both a happy new chapter in their lives.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.