Saturday, April 29, 2023

Sewing Project - ReUsable Make Up Remover Pads

In my research to make these ReUsable Make Up Remover pads it was recommended that they should be made in different colors.  

Some make up will stain the pads and so the person using them should have the opportunity to select the color that would work best of the make up being removed.

These were cut to 2.75" square to custom fit the container I selected to put them in.

I chose square because cutting circles wastes fabric and does not provide a good start and ending point.

The colors selected for the medium toned ones was based on the recipient of these.

Her favorite color is purple.  Each of these are backed with the same fabric as the the front.

It can be fun to mix and match fabrics if you want to create pads with funky prints.

The serger thread is grey on one side and ivory on the other with the needle threads being grey which mostly goes with all colors.

I don't really want to rethread this machine too often.

I did find a good video on how to turn the corners with the serger.

One reviewer suggested black for the removal of mascara because it stains for sure.

I made a stack of each variety.  Several reviewers were suggesting 14 which does 2 weeks for 1 week if 2 are used each day for different removals.

Here's a stack of black flannel ones.




I bought is box to store the pads. I liked the fact that there were 3 different compartments for the three colors of pads.

The compartments are a bit taller than wide which allows for some place for your fingers to access the pads, especially when the stack is lower down in the box.

The lid will keep them clean and dust free.


Most of the postings on line suggested that laundry bag should be used to ensure these small fabric pads don't disappear in the laundry machine.

I recycled a mesh product from IKEA into this laundry bag.

Love the color.

I added a cord as a tie and the turquoise disc as a closure was made with my sister during my visit.

You can see the details in this post here.



Serging the edges of 2.75" inches of fabric become quite tedious and it takes a lot of thread so I am not sure I will be making too many more of these. But as a custom gift it was the perfect thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.