Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Watercolor - Tree Line

 

I brought home a small watercolor palette from the ReUse Center last week. I saw a video in the last month that the artist makes the practice of doing this tree line with a new palette so she has documented the colors in the palette.  I thought I would give it a try.  Wet on the bottom and dry on top.  Just go along the colors and this is the result.  

I wanted to do something with the art.

I have a set stitched squares dies which makes a nice frame. The large one which I have used on cards was too large for the small strip of 3" tall watercolor paper I had.  I used the middle one. The easiest was to make the watercolor this size of the cut out.  This gives less of a look of framed art.

I debated what color the frame should be.  I used a grey here. Could it be black?

The next challenge was that the card seemed too plain so adding some embossing worked really well. 

On this card I used Stampin Up Summer Sun card base,  a Cuttlebug folder with a diamond pattern for the back ground. Diamond in the Rough folder.


On this card I used SU Daffodil Delight card base with again a grey frame.  I think it works a little better on this card.

The embossing folder is Sizzix Softly Falling.  








I remembered that I had an instant camera die so I dug that out. Sure glad it made the cut during the destashing.  

On this card the white card seemed to white so I brushed it with Very Vanilla chalk.  Forgot to emboss this one.

A dark green die cut works.

With this die I could cut my watercolor strip just under 2.75 inches wide and it fit behind the frame.  I like this better.







On this card, I chose SU Baja Breeze as the card base.

The cool grey for the frame die cut.

I used Quick Dry glue along the back of the die cut and just layed the watercolor on to it.  Hold it down for half a minute and it is well adhered.

Again, I think the card front could have used some texture.





I finally remembered to emboss the card front.

I think this SU Gable Green card base with a Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Star embossing folder.

I like the contrast of these colors.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.