I worked on slow stitching art for note cards today. I have sold a few at the gallery so I will have to replenish my stock.
This is a mountain scene with yellow and grey/white. Is it winter? Maybe.
A strip of white with running stitch. A strip of grey flannel for a bit of puff to which I added trees and running stitches.
A narrow strip of dark grey and then the mountain in the same color.
I placed a piece of thin white cotton behind the mountain then a sun behind that.
The back layer is a grey white patterned piece with a white cotton foundation layer.
Added snow to the mountain peak so it is winter but the sun is shining bright.
I chose a yellow A2 card base to match the sun. I tack stitched the piece to the front and taped down the ends on the inside. I gave it a half sheet insert to cover the tacking stitches.
A beige cotton foundation layer onto which I layered a tea dyed cotton from a tablecloth. It has nice patterned texture.
I chose a piece of warm patterned cotton with blues and greens and ripped to a square. It is stitched on with green thread and running stitch. I added a bit of blue stitching to the flowers in the top right hand corner.
I then added a strip of navy cotton just below the center line. A bit of stitching in greens and blues and an ivory button.
The stitched art was tack stitched to an A2 navy card base in the landscape orientation. The stiches are taped down on the inside.
I gave it a half sheet white insert and an ivory envelope.
A baby pink stitched greeting card.
I layered a piece of light grey linen with a piece of white cotton foundation layer.
I stitched a piece of white lace across the front with pink thread and an over cast stitch.
I used the threads from the dark grey crocheted piece to tie it onto the light grey layer. I sewed a tiny pin button in the middle of the crochet square.
I chose a link pink A2 card base for this card in the portrait orientation. I tack stitched the fabric art to the card front and taped the stitches inside the card.
I gave it a half sheet insert and a white envelope.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.