I thought since Inktense is permanent once heat set I concluded that the Derwent Outliner would be as well.
Micron Markers 08 - some online sources did not recommend them but I always have them in my craft room.
Black Ball Point pen
Sharpie Permanent Marker Fine Tip.
Daler-Rowney Acrylic Ink Black - I used a dip pen to apply.
Black Ball Point pen
I heat set the marks before I washed the fabric with soap and water 5 times drying it in between washings.
It is interesting that the black ball point pens turned blue but worked well.
Sharpie Marker performed well.
Micron black marker performed well.
The acrylic ink would be good it a tool is found that would apply it evenly. It would work well for abstract marks.
Ball point pens seem to be a decent choice for permanent marks on fabric.Other than the red ink one the rest did pretty well.
Unfortunately, the black ones after several washes turn bluish. The Everest one did the best to stay black. Stayed quite dark as well.
I will keep testing pens and hopefully I will find a black ink ball point that stays black after at least 5 washings.
An the experiment continues.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.