Friday, August 28, 2026

Bottle Bag V2 - 03

I found some Ralph Lauren pillow shams at the thrift store the other day that were 100% cotton and the price was right so the set came home with me.

Immediately, I thought masculine bottle bag.

I have made this bottle with my new process.  Create 2 finished strips with the outer fabric, a flannel inside and a lining.  The 3 layers were cut 4.5" x 29".  Quilted the outer to the flannel then adding the lining and turned right side out.

Outer: 100% cotton

Batting: 100% cotton flannel

Lining: Maroon polyester lining fabric

I then place these 2 pieces in a cross and sew the bottom square.

Then I sew the sides together.

The strap is cut 12" x 4" and folded in half then raw edges to the center, tuck the ends in and top stitch all the way around.

I stitched the strap/handle to the side panels once I decided which was the front.  I use a X pattern to ensure a secure hold.

I added the "My Bag" tag.  The concept of "My Bag" is that a person has reusable bag for a certain purpose - in this case to carry a bottle.  You bring the bottle to your host in the bag but you bring the bag home and reuse it next time you are invited to a party.  This way the bag represents your style and is always there when you need it.

I added an accent of a button, a maroon square, and gold grosgrain ribbon with dove tail ends.

I was going to try keeping the Ralph Lauren tag to the bag but it just did not work out.

This fabric is beautifully supple.  The bag does stand on its own but it is quite soft so it does not quite have the presence of the others I have made.

I was going to make 2 but unless I can find a way to stiffen the fabric a bit I will not go ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.