Saturday, August 29, 2026

Fabric Patches - More

I continue to work on fabric patches.

This patch came from a scrap of fabric with a red maple leaf in the center of a square.

I stitched the O Canada square to a red one in grey thread. Then the red onto the black and white checker layer with red thread.

I then machine stitched the art layer to a white denim patch with white thread.





Preprinted motifs help a bit but I need to create a bit of art by adding a bit of my own stitching and few fabric scraps to each of them.

I trimmed the green cat with it's checker board border from a scrap of fabric I picked up at the fabric sale.

I layered it onto a white and grey piece of cotton adding cross stitches in each of the white squares to keep my black ones solid.

I then machine stitched the art layer to a black denim patch.





A classic logo in green and yellow.  I trimmed the square of fabric so it would fit on my patch.

I stitched a layer of yellow cotton fabric with coordinating thread to a foundation layer with running stitch.

I trimmed the logo and stitched to the yellow layer with back stitch in yellow thread.

I then machine stitched the slow stitch layer to a Carhartt patch with gold thread.




This time a blue cat with a checker board border.

I stitched it to a layer of turquoise scraps with coordinated thread in the white squares.

I then machine stitched the slow stitched layer to a white denim patch with white thread.  On this one I added an inner stitching line around the cat square as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.