On this patch I paired a black foundation layer with red and black plaid strips ripped to about the same width. I wove them into a layer and stitched to the back layer with white crosses in each intersection.
I then added a white heart with the back stitch.
I chose to stitch it to a white denim backer. The machine stitching secures all the ends of the weaving while attaching it to the white backer.
I added a few blue glass beads on the left hand side.
The art layer was machine stitched to a black denim layer with black thread.
The foundation layer is a pink polka dot fabric, then I added a turquoise cotton layer. Then the printed fabric and stitched these together with running stitch and white thread.
I then appliqued a red heart aligned to the left of center with an overcast stitch and matching thread.
The art layer was machine stitched to a square of medium shade light weight denim.
I used seed stitches to attached all the strips to the foundation layer.
On top of the strips I layered a strip of ivory organza topped with a piece of ivory lace, a tiny square of the green polka dot fabric topped with an orange flower shaped button.
The art layer was machine stitched to a navy denim backer with white thread.
I started with a foundation layer of blue and white striped fabric.
I cut circles in 3 different sizes in 3 different colors. Blue, red and yellow. I just played with the placement till I was happy and pinned them in place.
I used a running stitch around the outside with navy thread until all the circles were secured. I added a white button to the top circle.
Now that I look at it the button is pretty much in the center which I would have preferred it be off center. Sometimes I don't step far enough away from my work to see the overall picture.
The striped layer was machine sewn to a navy denim backer square with white thread.
I have cut out some backer squares from denim and canvas ready to machine stitch my little pieces of art onto them. I have white denim, navy denim, Carhartt cotton duck canvas, black denim, and some purple canvas fabric. We will see how it goes.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.