Using Inktense Color or Acrylic Paint to color the design.
Heat set the color once dry.
For this patch and used a thin top layer onto a white 100% cotton foundation layer. Ripped to 3.75" square.
I used a ball point pen for the outline and painted it with Inktense color applied with a mixture of aloe vera gel and water.
I can always create my outlining with stitching. It can be any color I want.On this patch I used red thread and the back stitch to outline the heart and it's internal lines.
Once it was stitched I used Inktense color with aloe vera gel to paint the various piece of the patchwork pattern.
I added a tiny red button on the top left hand patch.
The background needed something so I just added some black Inktense lines.
The design is stitched with colored embroidery floss - 2 strands.
I created a mountain scene with 3 peaks with a foreground of deep earthy colors.
I added a sun in the top left hand corner with a piece of yellow fabric.
I stitched some trees in the foreground with the fly stitch. Running stitches on the earthy fabric, white peak on the middle mountain, birds in the blue sky.
All of the pretty squares are then machine stitched to a piece of heavy fabric - typically denim in various colors and weights.
This allows me to place them on a display for sale at the Christmas Store at the art gallery at the end of the year.
I generally use upcycled textiles in these fabric patches.
I do not use glue in any of the steps of the construction of these patches.
These patches are fully washable.
Some may have embellishments which could include beads, buttons, charms and who knows what else I may be inspired to use.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.