Saturday, August 29, 2026

Bottle Bag V2 - 04

Another bottle bag. I chose a heavier fabric this time but I think I went a little far on the other side and bent a needle in the process.

This was beautiful botanical fabric in a soft green color.  It was a remnant but enough fabric to make a bag.

I chose a pale warm blue 80% cotton 20% polyester fabric for the lining and a regular flannel fabric for the padding.  Maybe this one did not need padding.  Not sure.

I chose to put the green fern accent strip 3" from the top of the cut piece, which may be a bit low. 

I sewed the "My Bag" tag and the green button .

I created a strip of chipboard to iron my green strip to 1.25 inches tall. Worked very well.  It was then topstitched top and bottom before the sandwich was assembled.

The strap/handle was cut 12" x 4" and folded to 1" wide.  The ends are folded in to make it all nice and tidy.

Outer: 100% heavy fabric

Lining: Pale Warm Blue 80% cotton & 20% polyester.

I tried several colors of buttons but this soft green was the best one.

The accent strip was added to each of the four sides before assembly of the sandwich.

When I was sewing the sides and I at least 6 layers of fabric. That is when I bent my needle.

I chose to put my opening for turning right side out in the middle of the strip which ends up on the bottom and that was a great idea!  No bumps on the side seams.

The strap secured as usual.  I then hand sewed the "My Bag" tag and the button.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.