Saturday, August 22, 2026

Sylvia's Simple Shots

Check out what showed up at the little pond this week.

A cormorant in all it's glory.  Hanging around, staying put. really close.

That was so exciting.  I don't know where it came from.  Was it taking a rest break?

Whatever the situation I am grateful so get some good shots of this bird.




I decided to head out the art walk in Stony Plain.  Several of the members of the AAC will be in attendance so a chance to connect with artists.

I spoke to David who does woodwork.  I was in the calligraphy guild with his wife so I said say Hi from me.

Stopped by to say hello to Rochelle who does colored pencil and Barry who carves.  He had a really nice Viking piece he was working on.

Said hello to Linda who did the Art in the Open in St. Albert a while back.

The weather was very nice and looks like a good time was had by all. 


I bought myself a gift while at the Art Walk.  I have been wanting a piece of stained glass for a long time.

A row of houses made by Carol B - Through the Window Pane.  It is bigger and heavier than the piece I have hanging in the window right now so I have to come up with a plan on how to display it.

I visited the Crooked Pot Gallery where I saw an idea which may help with my flowers in a vase. It was a ceramic flower frog that just sits on the top edge of the vessel. I don't plan on making clay ones but maybe plastic might work. 

I attended a birthday party at the bowling alley this week.  A mile stone.

I did not bowl so I visited in the party room after the bowling.

There was pizza and cake and a visit with some of my relatives and my sisters.

A few of us headed to the thrift store next door after the pizza. Love like minded folks.




After months of trying to find a solution to getting a metal band on my new watch.  I bought that back in May but it had a cloth band.

I had hoped that I could transfer the band from the old Timex to the new one.  After approaching several businesses no one was willing to work to find a solution.

I decided to head to have a visit with a friend who had recommended a business in her small town.

After looking at what I would like to have done they did not feel transferring the band was a good idea.  

But, they had old stock replacement bands.  Maybe one would work.  As you can see this one worked fine.  They shortened it for me.  It had the same clasp as the last band and it is stainless steel and the price was a bargain.  Super thrilled to have the project put to bed.

I purchased a new SD card for my old camera.  The girl at London Drugs suggested that this would be the largest card I could put in my camera.

I have been using 2GB cards and running out of room, having to switch cards which is a hassle.  I lost one for a few days a couple of weeks ago.  Losing shots is very disheartening.

This one will be a big improvement where I will not have to change cards and risk losing shots again.






With the parking lot open at the St. Albert Botanic Park I headed over there so catch the dahlias in full bloom.

Of course, there were many flowers to photograph. Lilies, roses, sunflowers, and a bunch more.

The volunteers were in full force making everything look wonderful.

Of course, I always head out early.

I stopped at London Drugs on my way in and was headed north after some breakfast.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.