Another few cards for the gallery.
I chose a textured cotton fabric and added a foundation layer from an old shirt.
I cut three half circle shapes by hand with scissors from a bit of printed cotton.
I used navy thread to applique the flowers and add stems and pistils.
I mounted this slow stitched piece to a warm green card in A2 size with stitches in each corner with the knots taped on the inside.
A half sheet insert to cover the tacking stitches and a ivory envelope and it was ready.
I chose a piece of warm polka dots cotton fabric from my scraps and then chose warm colored strips in various colors to make the candles.
I used a running stitch and ivory thread to stitch them on.
I added black wicks at the top of the candles.
I then added a yellow stitched flame surrounded by an orange one.
I placed 5 candles on the stitched piece.
I placed the art on a warm orange card with tacking stitches, a half sheet insert and ivory envelope.
Found a bit piece of lace and trimmed it to fit the front of a card. Then I cut a piece of navy and white striped fabric and a foundation layer.I used white thread to carefully place stitches all over the lace to have it securely attached and to add some additional texture to the piece.
It needed a bit of color so I added a red flower button in a space it the lace then a few French Knots in red to create a bit of interest with a final knot at the very bottom.
I stitched the piece to the front of a navy card in the portrait orientation. Taped the knots on the inside and put in a half sheet insert. A white envelope and it good to go.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.