Friday, February 28, 2014

Card - Grad Cap

I made this card for someone at work.  We know someone who attended her convocation recently.

I chose the university colors - red,black and gold.  I started with a red card. Then cut a piece of gold card stock and embossed it with the Cuttlebug Typeset embossing folder.  I layered that to a piece of black card stock.  I added a gold splattered strip over the join on the right hand side.  I created a gradation cap with a piece of black, layered with gold, layered again with black.  I added a bit of texture on the small black with my score pal.  I created a tassel with gold thread.  It is held in place with a large black brad.  The cap is adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.