Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Christmas Card Challenge - Sept - Skate Diecut Banner

Here's my card for this month's Christmas Card challenge.  I challenge myself to make cards all year long so that I will have the ones I need by December 1st.  How is your card making going?  I hope you are on track.  I think I'm a little behind.

The focus of the challenge is to include with skates, die cut and a banner.  I cut the Tim Holtz Bigz Die - Ice Skates from some warm blue card stock.  I cut the skate blade again from blue metallic card stock and trimmed it and adhered over the card stock skate. I laced it with some heavy crochet cotton and finished it with a bow at the top. I added a white snowflake punch to the ankle area. I chose a deep warm blue card.  I embossed a white layer with the large Cuttlebug Snowflake embossing folder.  I added a banner greeting which was stamped with Stampin Up sentiment from the Home for Christmas set with Marina Mist on the same card stock as the skate.  I trimmed it close and use the Triple Banner punch to flag both ends and mounted it onto a piece of dark warm blue card stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.