Wednesday, November 29, 2017

CAVA Gallery - French Cards

I am dropping off cards to the gallery again today in preparation for the Miniature Show which starts on Friday, December 1st.

Here's a card that I used some of the pieces from the card club card but included alcohol ink background instead of designer paper. 

I chose an aqua card in 4.25x 11 with top fold which highlighted another color in the snowflake accent.

I added the same white grosgrain ribbon.

I adhered the greeting punched with the Stampin Up Modern Label punch. 

I chose a warm taupe card and added a bright magenta sky decorative paper.

I cut a large star from non shed gold glitter paper and placed it in the top half of the card. 

I cut the Bethlehem with the Taylored Expressions Bethlehem Border thin lit from the same gold glitter card stock.

I added a warm sand dune in the front with was created with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Stain on white card stock which was ripped.  You can see that the ripped edge is a little darker because it absorbed better there.






Another card club kit into which I added some acrylic paint paper to which added some snow with pearl paint.  It was spattered with a old toothbrush rubbed on a straight edge. It was adhered to a deep red card base.

I ripped a white snow bank and adhered it even with the card bottom edge.

I added a deep red felt tree held in place with 3 tiny gold brads which look like ornaments.  A gold star sequin is placed at the top of the tree.
I chose a warm purple card base onto which I adhered a piece of bright purple paste paper.

I added a ripped snow bank of white card stock aligned to the bottom of the card.  

The silver foil reindeer was adhered above the snowbank with 3D foam tape.  It looks black due to scanning.

The greeting was color printed in Smoky Slate and punched with the Stampin Up Modern Label punch.  I punched one from the paste paper and offset it behind the greeting.  This was adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.






I selected an aqua card base in 4.25x11 with a top fold.  I added a piece of alcohol ink background paper with blues and purples. 

I added a metallic silver ribbon across the top third of the card and tied a square knot. 

I created a snowflake accent with a deep blue, silver and silver fabric snowflakes layered and held together with a tiny shiny silver star brad.  It was adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.

A french greeting was added in the top right hand corner in the form of a Stampin Up Modern Label Punchie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.