Monday, March 5, 2018

First Trip Outside in a While

As you may learned from my previous post I have been under the weather for a while.  The weather has been been good and not so much. We got some more snow on Friday and Saturday and the roads have been ugly!
I was out for food and essential supplies of cough drops, ginger, and flour on Thursday night despite not feeling like it at all.

I decided to go out into the world today for a few minutes, of course with the camera. It was relatively nice at -7C but twenty minutes was all I could stand. 

Nature created these cotton ball like snowballs in the trees.

I caught the late afternoon sun on these dry leaves.

They were a bright spot on a pretty white landscape.

I love the golden tones and the texture of the veins creating light and dark spaces.
 
This sunflower still retains it's yellow coloring from it's fall glory.

I hope the birds have harvested it's seeds.


I managed to photograph 4 birds near the bird feeder.  A sparrow, a chickadee, a Downy Woodpecker, and a Junco.  I am grateful for those who have kept the feeder filled throughout the winter.

Sharing with Maggie at Normandy Life who hosts Mosaic Monday #75.

11 comments:

  1. Capturing these beautiful birds on film is, indeed, a feat! I never have this kind of luck and birds are flitting about our backyard all the time. Thank you and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful snowy images, so clean and fresh, your bird collage is lovely. Hope you're beginning to feel better now and are soon out and about with your camera.
    Happy Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sylvia,
    Your photo are very lovely. What a beauty of your dried sunflowers!! Yes, I do hope the birds have loved the seeds.Your birds are all pretty.
    Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you'd get better soon Sylvia! Wow your venture outdoor is fruitful, love the photos, especially the birds!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You captured some lovely sights of late winter, Sylvia. The drooping, yet still colorful sunflower really caught my eye. Hope you soon feel completely back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some beautiful photos, outstanding birds. I think you did pretty well for 20 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better. It always does me good to get outside -- even for a short spell. The birds are happy the feeders are filled, too! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you feel good and get stronger. It's so hard to fully recover when the weather is so cold. Love your pretty photos! The birds sure boost our spirits! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a very productive 20 minutes! Your shot of the sunflower is a stand-out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad that you’re feeling better ..obviously you are on the mend with these chipper pictures...Lovely ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for all the well wishes and I am feeling better and will be back to blogging as usual. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.