Monday, March 12, 2018

Nature - In and Out

I stopped at the Conservatory for a few minutes on my way home yesterday.  The feature pavilion's theme was CandyCopia which was not really my cup of tea but I did manage a couple lovely images.

I think this one is a rose of some sort and of course tulips were great.  I will have to go back during the week when it is less busy.  There were several large groups in for tours.









I headed home for some lunch and a bit of a nap.  This viral infection is just dragging. 

Later in the day I decided to get out and visit the wetlands.  I know it's early in the season to expect to see wildlife though birds must live there year round. 

Cattails in the late day sun were very pretty.

The walkways were pretty icy and snow covered.   I met a few families enjoying the last of the sun.  The area is frequented by many dog walkers but I did not see any on this trip.

 

Sharing with Mosaic Monday #76 hosted by Maggie at Normandy Life.

5 comments:

  1. That sure does look cold! Things are really coming alive here in Florida. We don't have much of a winter anyway but in the Spring we see different birds coming through. They'll be visiting you soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pale pink flowers and crisp snow laying on the ground still, so lovely! I hope you shake off the rest of that pesky virus soon.
    Thanks for joining me for MM again this week, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a very chilly walk Sylvia ..... but I am glad you felt well enough to get out there.I'd probably stick to the conservancy for my spirit-food in that weather -- and those lovely pink flowers would have made me smile -- as did your beautiful pictures. (I think they are naturally lovely and don't look at all like candy -- I agree with you that's not the greatest name for a floral display!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like your mosaic this week, especially the picture in the lower left.

    Hope you feel (fully) better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such soft and pretty pinks in those flowers. I hope you soon feel better. It does seem to be a lingering illness for many.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.