Thursday, January 31, 2019

Recently - National Hot Tea Month

January is National Hot Tea month in Canada.  I am just making it under the wire.

I chose Chai Green Tea in a small 3 cup teapot paired with a pottery warm toned square mug.  Placed on a bamboo placemat.

I warmed up some baking I bought for Christmas and it is time it is consumed.  They are savory tarts.

It was served with Peach Ginger Chutney.  It is so good.

Stay warm with a cup of tea if you are affected by the Polar Vortex hitting the eastern seabord of North America.

I read this most of Saturday.  I enjoyed it very much as it was quite similar to the Kate Morton books I have read.

The story spans the 1920s and the mid 1950s.   It takes place in New York, London and Paris - how bad can that be.

Newlywed Grace Monroe doesn’t fit anyone’s expectations of a successful 1950s London socialite, least of all her own. When she receives an unexpected inheritance from a complete stranger, Madame Eva d’Orsey, Grace is drawn to uncover the identity of her mysterious benefactor.

Weaving through the decades, from 1920s New York to Monte Carlo, Paris, and London, the story Grace uncovers is that of an extraordinary women who inspired one of Paris’s greatest perfumers. Immortalized in three evocative perfumes, Eva d’Orsey’s history will transform Grace’s life forever, forcing her to choose between the woman she is expected to be and the person she really is.

The Perfume Collector explores the complex and obsessive love between muse and artist, and the tremendous power of memory and scent.


I found this book at the thrift store yesterday.  I normally would not peruse the children book section but I have been watching this show on TV since the fall.  Good programming is very difficult to find on TV these days.  

I like to have physical reminders of the good things in my life and the 20 minutes I spend each day provides me with positive and inspirational programming.  Sam has the cutest laugh.  The watercolor art in the show is very good for my soul.  

So I thought there may be one of the books in the section and there was!  Not one of the stories I have seen on TV yet but I will read the book and await the segment on TV.

I did read the book through because I am not a quitter.  

I did have to pause and question whether a murder investigation story was what I wanted to put into my head before I fell asleep at night.

I did not suffer bad dreams as a result but I will be more discerning about the content of the books in the future.

The story has a good ending but not before betrayal, guns, and murder.  It was a quick read.

It was in the bag from our Welcome to my Kitchen Fellowship group so back into the bag for someone else to read.   If they ask I will give them my thoughts on the book.






 

2 comments:

  1. It's a good month to celebrate and drink lots of hot tea! The first book looks like a good one. I'm going to put it on hold at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kate Morton - still need to read The Clockmaker's Daughter.

    I'm going to look for The Perfume Collector.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.