Monday, February 4, 2019

Mosaic Monday - 2019 Goals

I like to set goals for the year and in 2019 there are few on the list.  Some of the these are just continued affirmations of what is best for me.

1. Creative Photography
I've done lots of nature photography in the last couple of years.  This winter weather has made me focus on indoor photography.

This is a photo of my camera taken in an old mirror I found at the ReUse Ctr.  Love the bokeh I was able get on the right.

2. Photo Challenges
I will continue with my Flickr challenges despite the limit of 1000 photos for free accounts.












3. Homemade Food

This is a bowl of soup I made the other day.  Carrot Ginger Curry soup.  I had bought coconut milk a while back so I went searching for a recipe in which to use it.   I made chutney with ginger and curry this fall so I knew I liked those flavors.  I knew I had all the ingredients as they are staples in my house.

I did not blend the soup as it was suggested in the recipe.  Chunky is good with me.  I cut the veggies on a mandolin.

It was pretty spicy hot from the ginger and pepper but I have eaten all three bowls.

It is colorful, flavorful and delicious.  I will definitely make that again.



4. Continue to Read

A read a quote this other day.  “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin

I have been to London, England and Paris, France and New York NY in books.  I have visited different times during my reading.  Learned about different cultures during my arm chair travels.

Here's a few of the books on my reading shelf.




5. Walking Everyday

Walking every day to get the heart rate up and investing in my health.  I can use the treadmill during the winter and really enjoy the outside as soon as the weather gets warm.

Drinking lots of water as well is a priority.

Sharing with Mosaic Monday #13 hosted by Angie at Letting Go of the Bay Leaf.

3 comments:

  1. I'd say we have quite a bit in common. I'm looking forward to seeing your photography. We have an elipical that I've dusted off to use again during the winter months. Otherwise, I prefer to walk outside with our doodle pupper. It's becoming painfully obvious that exercise is needed at my age! :-) And, I love soup...all kinds.
    https://peripheralperceptions.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia - seems most folks that commented on my post do not set resolutions or goals, so I am glad to see your list and that we have some goals in common. Your quote about reading is so clever and spot on. I admire you for seeking out a recipe to use an ingredient … that thought passes through my mind occasionally, but it usually just keeps going! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look like great goals for 2019!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.