Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Recent Photos

This is my entry into Macro Monday Challenge "Hole(s) on Flickr this week.  Very good response to this one.

This is 16mm film which I picked up at the ReUse Center.  I chose a length of the film which did not contain any recognizable images.

I had picked up the rolls of film thinking I would put them onto cards but that did not happen. 

The letters on the film are super tiny and I managed to get them in focus next to the hole I was aiming for.







I made a bag for my walks this summer.  This is aimed to carry what I may need in an emergency. 

I was using this project to try out the method of putting a zipper into a bag.  After digging into my box of zippers I chose this light blue one. 

This is left over fabric from a shirt apron.  The method is putting the zipper in between pieces of fabric.  I cut 2 pieces of fabric and sewed one on each of the tabs of zipper then top stitched the fabric down very close to the edge.   I wanted tabs to allow me to easily open the zipper so I took some grosgrain ribbon from the shirt and placed 2 tabs in the side seams next to the zipper.  Once the side seams were done I turned the bag inside out.  I placed a top stitch seam all the way around the edge. 

With not enough fabric from the shirt to make a strap I dug through my stash of grosgrain ribbon and chose a deep purple one.  I cut a length and knotted it on each side.
 
The main character of this book is Katie Byrne a young girl of seventeen that suffers tragedy in a small town in Connecticut which stunts her acting ambitions in New York.

Years later, living in London England surrounded by several strong women mentors she faces the tragedy and things turn around for her.  

I loved the parts of the story set in England.  Her relationship with her family were very heart warming.





















I worked on a couple more frame bags to protect my framed photographs during transport.  It ensures no dings to frames, no scratches and protects the glass when they are placed facing to the fleece divider.

I needed larger bags with my recent purchase of 15.25 inch frames.

The use of fleece as the divider in center worked really well. 

The fabric is cotton polyester so it will wear well for a long time. Super happy with these.  These are the ones I made last year.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, i remember film negatives like that picture. I learned how to develop my own photos in photography class while in college. So thankful for digital cameras now! Love the bag and it will come in so handy for a variety of outings. Frame bags...what a genius idea. I'm reading The House at Riverside by Kate Morton and am absolutely captivated by her writing. I'll definitely be reading more of her books. Hope your week is going well.
    https://peripheralperceptions.wordpress.com/2019/02/14/thankful-thursday-an-anniversary/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.