Tuesday, November 19, 2019

2019 Cardmaking - CH - Class 9

I am back to leading card making classes at Compassion House.  Of course November means Christmas cards.

I am recycling small square Christmas cards.  I trimmed the card to 3.75 inches.

I added a layer of white card stock cut to 4 inches and layered that behind the main layer.

The card base was cut to 4.25 x 11 inches then folded with it at the top.  The silver blue layer was adhered to the navy card base aligned at the top of the card leaving a small border with 3D foam tape.

A length of white grosgrain ribbon was wrapped around the card front and tied on the front.  The ends were trimmed on a slant with scissors.



This card is the same card pieces but put together in a different layout.

I started with a warm grey card base.

I added a Stampin Up Ballet Blue layer cut to 4.00 inches square.

The silver blue layer was trimmed to 3.75 inches.

I chose red grosgrain ribbon which was wrapped around the card base and tied in the front. Ends trimmed with scissors.

The card base is Stampin Up Ballet Blue.

The 4 inch layer is silver metallic card stock.

The ribbon is metallic silver.

Each has a seasonal quarter sheet insert which is glued to the inside.

Loving the colors, the layout and nice and cheery cards.

I had 5 great ladies in this class and all the kits were made.  Wonderful.

Making the kits in the same layout really helped the process.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way to recycle Christmas cards! I always feel bad throwing them away after the holidays...especially the pretty ones. I think I'll adopt this a an art project to do with the grand girls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.