Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Christmas Thank You Cards

I generally use gift wrap from my presents to make my Christmas cards.

This gorgeous geometric paper was on my gift from my niece. 

I chose to put the red glitter square in the center and trimmed the 9 squares with scissors then I made it square with the small paper trimmer.

The red velvet ribbon was only on that gift so I cut it with the paper cutter into strips and adhere it to the white card front with brads. The back is plastic and I have found no adhesive which is permanent with this type of ribbon.  In this card it was white snowflake brads.

I adhered the square on an angle and trimmed the excess to the card edge. 

I added an oval color printed sentiment punched with the 2" oval punch.  This was adhered with 3D foam tape.

On the other one I left it square on a landscape card and added a Stampin Up Modern Label sentiment.


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Sylvia. As I review your recent posts, I am reminded of your beautiful cards. I've been leading a card making project for my DAR chapter, making cards for veterans at the Cheyenne, WYO VA nursing home. We will be doing Valentine's cards soon, if we can get together. I also sent Christmas cards to a group Cards for Soldiers, located in MI. This woman processed 20,000 hand made cards in one week sent to her from all over that she distributed to troops stationed over seas. I'll use my Cricut to mass produce patriotic themed hearts. You can find this group and others on Facebook, such a worthy cause. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.