Monday, December 21, 2020

Sylvia's Simple Shots

I took the camera out this morning but the sun rose and quickly disappeared behind a very large cloud bank.  Disappointed!

At the bird feeder I did get this decent photo of a House Sparrow.   I found it interesting that they spend their time on the ground will Chickadees and Nuthatches are at the bird feeder.  I am sure the sparrows are eating seeds spilled from the feeder above.  They will sit on the rail and eat seeds there if someone provides them.

It was so gloomy it was very difficult to get a decent shot.

This is the book that has been on my night stand for the last few weeks.  The Greatest Gift by Ann Voskamp.

There is a reading for every day of Advent.  Scripture, thoughts and questions about the subject.  

I have done a bible study on this book in past years.  I have had several of my participants from the past be in touch.  During this time it has been helpful to go over the material we covered together about 5 years ago. 

This was taken Friday when was out and about  delivering  my caramel popcorn bags to the door step of my sisters' houses. I stopped at the wetlands in Summerwood again.  It was pretty cold so I did not stay long.  I got a better shot of the skating rink created on the pond.  The chairs on the sidelines just waiting for a game of shinny to take get started. 

I have not been out much so the fact that the watch stopped working a couple of months ago was no big deal.  

I bought a battery on my big errand day a couple of weeks ago and I decided that it was time to put it in.  I totally forgot how I did it last time so I had to relearn.

I was afraid that I would not be able to close but it was fine.  I always like to have a watch when I am out and about.

 

The challenge at Flickr Macro Monday this week was Holiday Lights.  A few options were candles, tree lights, lit buildings but staying within the 3" limit.  

This one is a tealight taken against the lights on the small tree across the room. I like the focus on the wick. 

You can check out my submission on my Flickr Photostream (SMDPics).

Have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos as always, Sylvia. Your little house sparrow looks a bit on the cold side! Love the candle. Sending all good Christmas wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your candle image is magical Sylvia. I wish you and yours a lovely Christmas, though I hear you are on your own this year. It has been such a terrible year, we need the candles of hope to show us the way forward. Take care, stay safe and thank you for visiting my blog this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.