Sunday, June 21, 2020

Father`s Day Card

Update: I got the date of Father's wrong. It is on June 21st.

I used a sample from one of my card kits I made early this month.  I had to add a tree because Dad was a carpenter.

This is the Angled Rectangle layout.

I cut a tree with the Hampton Arts stamp and die set.  I cut one in green and one in grey for a highlight behind.

Adhered with 3D foam tape.  Greeting with offset is a Decorative Label punch from Stampin Up.

I am sure it arrived on time. 

I created a collage of tools for Father's Day.  I used a wood grain piece of designer paper as the background.

My Dad was a carpenter in his younger days so I associate wood with him.  I have a hand saw that means my needs, a pink hammer replaced the heavy one Dad gave me when I left home,  the green multi bit screwdriver that I have had had since I was in my 20's and other things from my tools drawer. 

I like to manage as much around my place as I can so I have acquired the tools to get the basics done. 

I appreciate my Dad very much and was not able to spend the day with him due to COVID19. I called him and had a visit.

4 comments:

  1. I really like that ... do the card kits come with envelopes? With the 3D especially, it looks like they would take a special one. (Just curious... I am not at all artistic...just an admirer of your talent.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sallie, Yes my card kits include envelopes. The 3D foam tape I use is fine in the mail.

      Delete
  2. I need this reminder about Father's Day. I'll have to think of something quickly to acknowledge my son-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your artwork is really beautiful! I am glad you stopped by by blog so that I could meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.