Friday, June 19, 2020

Happy Happy Birthday

I made a card for my sister who is celebrating a birthday this week.

I used a half sheet of card stock (5.5 x 8.5") in warm green. This panel is the card back.
I selected some scrap designer paper strips from my stash in greens.  I cut them .75 inches wide and left them as long as they were.  I started gluing them onto the card stock at right angles. This was an excellent stash busting card.  I sponged this layer just unify the colors of the strips and card base panel.

I added the warm green small tent card which measures 3.5 inches wide and 11" tall folded in half to 5.5 inches.  I then cut "happy" twice - once in gold and another in bright green with the Memory Box Jumbled Happy Birthday thin lit. I cut birthday twice once the same green as the tent and another the same green as "happy".  These were chalked the same as the panel. These were glued to the front of the tent with Quick Dry Adhesive.  I layered the birthday word. I punched a Stampin Up Modern label punchie from the bright green and adhered it below the words. I then added a bow of grosgrain ribbon held in place with a gold flower sequin and a tiny gold brad.   As you can see the tent allows it to stand nicely.

I should make up a few of the panels so when I need a quick card I could just add the tent and embellishments to finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.