Sunday, June 7, 2020

Sylvia's Simple Shots

I have added a couple of plants to my place this week.

An African Violet but this time I have hung it in the north window.  I put the last one in the east window about 4 feet from the window. I don't have the green thumb of my mom and siblings.  I have to work it a lot to keep plants alive. 

In my early twenties I grew really nice African Violets in a north window.

Time will tell!





A Common Grackle with beautiful purple blue head feathers.  I love the branch it is sitting as well.  Check out those bright yellow eyes!  As you can see the body has green highlights.

It was taken on my first visit to the Heritage Hills Wetlands.  I was hoping for pelicans but they were at the furthest section of the lake so no good shots were acheived.






The other plant I added was a Devil's Ivy.  A very hardy plant which should tolerate the lower light levels.


















I finished this book this week.  It is set in Newfoundland in the 18th century and covers over 100 years. The author is a Newfoundlander.  I have met some and they are generally engaging folks.  This story has interesting characters, a unique language, many cultural traditions and some disconcerting practices by some of these unusual characters.

It has been raining a lot!

That means the gardens, front yards, grass and the river valley are green and filled with blooms of all colors.

This is an Alium in one of the neighbouring yards.  The sunlit daffodils are in another yard.  I am blessed to have a lot of flowers to photograph.

The Flickr Macro Monday challenge this week is "On A Coin".  I chose the largest one in my change purse which is a toonie.  The mosaic on the left are a few items I found fit within the borders of the coin.   You can check out my Flickr Photostream - SMDPics for the one I chose.


I am sharing with Angie who hosts Mosaic Monday #83.

Through my Lens #243 hosted by Mersad.



8 comments:

  1. It's been years since I've had an African Violet. A week ago I bought myself a small geranium to have on the condo porch. I miss all my gardening back home at the float cabin. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that Alium is glorious. Have a fabulous week and enjoy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely photos! Thank you for sharing them. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lavender flower is beautiful. I was just saying to someone about how each individual flower looks so exotic close up (of wildflowers especially) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty flowers and such an interesting bird, we don't have grackles here. My mother and grandmother both had green thumbs, not me. I'm okay with inside plants, some...
    Happy Monday
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sylvia - once again, I am impressed with your simple photos. My posts always have so many pictures, and they tend to be quite detailed, so I find the clean lines and focus of your posts to be very refreshing! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great captures! The bird is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coin-size photos. Why does that appeal to me? I don't think of tiny photos showing much clarity and emotion. Your photos prove me wrong. Something for me to try. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.