Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Exchange Cards - Warm Spattered Paper

I made a couple more cards with the spattered paper I created on this day.

  This paper featured some simple brown geometric repeated squares pattern on an ivory background.  It is by Creative Imaginations - Art Warehouse - Danielle Johnson. It needed some sprucing up so I chose some brown and red acrylic color and spattered it. I did add a bit of black which looks charcoal here.

I chose a terra cotta colored card base for this card.  I created a floral accent from yellow, red and orange flowers and a black sequin.  The large handmade paper was colored with the same red color from the spattered paper. Matches well.  The accent is held together with a yellow tiny brad. 

I ripped the piece of spattered paper which left a space for the card color to show through. I tied a piece of black thread around the top piece before adhering it to the card front.

The floral accent was adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.

 

 

This card features a deep red card base.

I created another floral accent with silk flowers and small black sequin. 

I taped the ends of the black sequin string to the back of the spattered paper with tape. I then positioned the floral accent to the left of center. The paper was then adhered to the card front.  I added 3 black sequins on the right hand side. 

These are in the mail tomorrow morning.


3 comments:

  1. I have become very fond of spattering and this piece is really lovely, Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is lovely, Sylvia. And I enjoyed seeing a pic of the Say's Phoebe. I didn't realize they were around these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia - both cards are really lovely. With the changing of the month, I put out September's Bird Calendar, and our son asked me about it. I told him the story - he is in love with the adorable bird! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.