Friday, August 7, 2020

How To: 12x12 Splattered Decorated Paper

I'm finding it harder to use scrapbooking 12x12 paper for my card making.  I want original and unique paper.  I have so many sheets of designer paper so why wouldn't I use some of that to make something new rather than using plain white card stock to start with?  I went into my stash and chose patterns that I have lots of or that I am not too thrilled about. 

I chose the tools of the trade which are a collection of various paint brushes and tooth brushes.  

Some acrylic paint with a couple of plates to use as palettes.  A spray bottle to thin the acrylic paint.

I chose several sheets of designer paper.  I covered my kitchen area with a blue plastic sheet to prevent splattering the nearby surfaces.   You can see the before and after pictures below.  I just loaded my paint brushes with color and flicked the brushes toward the paper.

 

To the left are the 4 sheets that I decorated.  I think the light sheets have been very effective.  The orange and yellow ones I am not sure they are as effective. 


This new interface for blogger - I had to make sure that I chose a placement then I could have my text go beside my images.

Resizing is better and more adjustable.

Labels are a nightmare!  It is very slow and eventually it did not find labels which I know are there.




1 comment:

  1. The orange sheet works for me. Its subtle, yet full of colorful pizazzz.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.